Wednesday 10 September 2008

If your mind would free itself from the governorship of your desires, the state would return back to it.

as salamu alaykum,
subhanAllah i can sleep!, my timetable has been so messed up, but inshaa Allah now i will get into more of a routine.Alhamdulillah I feel my emaan increasing its amazing all u have to do is fight ur nafs (sounds so simple huh) but alhamdulillah im happy, i feel sakinah mashaa Allah, i was reading through my blog yesterday and its amazing subhanAllah my emaan was so high this time last year, and what a roller coaster i've been on! clinging to a rope with my molar teeth comes to mind subhanAllah i think maybe one of the threads got stuck in my tooth and held me on! Mercy of Allah O) Alhamdulillah.

Repel the thought, for if you don't, it becomes an idea.
So repel the idea, for if you don't it will become a desire.
So fight against that (desire), for if you don't, it will become a determination and a passion.
And if you don't repel that, it will become an action.
And if you don't replace it with its opposite, it will become a constant habit.
So at that point, it will be difficult for you to change it.
Ibn Al Qayyim

Mashaa Allah the Dr of the hearts ibn al Qayyim, a recommenation to read his literature for any one who suffers from diseases of the heart i know i benefit greatly personally Al Fawaid is one of my favourites by him mashaa Allah

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Al-FAWAID.pdf

No comments: